Andrews Engineering was founded as a solid waste management consultant over 35 years ago and we continue in that specialty today. The solid waste industry faces many significant challenges—including constantly changing, complex regulatory requirements, public perception and limited availability of suitable sites—and Andrews Engineering has the experience, expertise and capability to solve those challenges.
Our firm’s projects include design and support services for more than 100 landfills and over 25 transfer stations, as well as recycling operations, waste site remediations, property transfer audits, waste-to-energy plants, composting sites and other waste management facilities. Several of our key senior staff members come directly from government oversight agencies, allowing Andrews Engineering to bring a unique combination of both hands-on technical experience and in-depth knowledge of the laws and regulations governing our client sites to provide comprehensive solid waste consulting services for our clients. Our firm’s reputation for effective negotiation and communication involving technical, regulatory and community concerns has been commended by both clients and regulators. We provide practical solutions and pride ourselves on our efficiency in obtaining regulatory approvals.
Andrews Engineering provides a full range of solid waste services, including:
- Facility Design
- Facility Siting Application Preparation & Hearing Assistance
- Facility Siting Application Review
- Facility Permitting
- Hazardous/Toxic Waste Management & Consulting
- Nuclear/Radioactive Waste Management Planning, Permitting & Compliance Services
- Power Generation & Utility Waste Management Planning, Permitting & Compliance Services
- Leachate System Design & Permitting
- Gas System Design & Permitting
- Closure/Post-Closure Care Plan Preparation
- Medical Waste-Related Services
- Special Waste Evaluation
- Contingency Plan Preparation
- Facility Waste Audits
We invite you to contact your nearest Andrews Engineering branch office location for more information about these and our other engineering and environmental services.